Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness in HEIs. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding, and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the HEIs. Thus, IQAC channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Functions of the IQAC:
• Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the HEI;
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
• Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
• Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
• Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
• Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the HEI, leading to quality improvement;
• Acting as a nodal agency of the HEI for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
• Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
• Development of Quality Culture in HEI;
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the HEI based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
• Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of HEIs based on the AQAR;
• Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance, and enhancement endeavours.